Why you need spa advising!
Spa advising refers to getting assistance from a spa business consultant in establishing a new spa or developing an existing one. This could include either getting help throughout the whole process, or with individual parts that you require extra help with.
In this article we will cover:
- How you know that you need spa advising
- Common mistakes spa owners and developers often do
- Reasons why you should hire a spa business consultant
How do I know I need spa advising?
- You and other people within your organisation lack the required knowledge and skills to make informed decisions and solve different problems.
- Current and previous efforts to establish or develop your spa haven’t produced the desired results or aligns with your definition of “success”.
- Your spa repeatedly gets stuck on the same issues and/or challenges to be able to grow and achieve success.
- You lack the time and/or the staff resources to be able to instigate and complete projects or solve problems and challenges.
- You require an independent, expert opinion to confirm a decision or help you identify alternative solutions.
Common mistakes spa owners and developers often do
There’s a plethora of things that can go wrong when establishing or developing a spa, and hundreds of pitfalls that need to be avoided. While we won’t cover all of them here, we will present you a list with the most common mistakes spa owners and developers often do.
Less than required research and market feasibility studies
One of the most common mistakes is not doing enough research to guide the development of the spa as well as the financial commitment. This include finding the answers to questions such as:
- What are popular services among spa-goers?
- What current trends are there, and what trends can be expected in the future?
- Where are the biggest time and money losses in regard to spa services and treatments?
While finding out the answers to these questions yourself is possible, it takes time, skill and effort. A spa expert knows all of these things and can provide you with the numbers and data to prove it.
Assuming architects and designers are fully capable to establish or develop a spa
While there are a great number of very talented architects and designers out there with a great portfolio of different projects, how much do they know about establishing or developing a spa?
Poor financial projections
One of the most important parts of establishing or developing a spa business is finance. You need to prepare financial statements to get an accurate view of how successful your business can be, as well as financial projections to guide your spending to help the business grow. Regardless of industry, the finance is, and will in most likelihood always be, very complex.
Other common pitfalls
Here’s some additional common pitfalls you need to consider and reason why you should hire a spa expert for spa advising:
- Lack of, or a flawed plan
- An unrealistic timeline
- Lack of, or a flawed spa concept
- Making mistakes in the design
- Unrealistic or improper financials
- Not having enough spending
- Lack of, or insufficient marketing
- Poor communication
- Poor money management
- Poor time management
Reasons to hire a spa business consultant
Finally, what are the reasons to hire a spa business consultant?:
- Reduce costly design and/or purchasing mistakes
- To streamline the establishing or development of your spa through efficient operations and management
- Faster, better and cheaper development of your spa business
- Better choice of required spa vendors – the spa business consultant knows who to choose and who to avoid
- Reducing the overall development costs by utilizing the best experts in their respective field
Do you require spa advising?
Contact Raison d’Etre today. Our team of spa business consultants stay on the pulse of the ever-evolving advances in technology and scientific understanding with regards to our health and wellbeing. This has allowed us to establish and develop some of the most renowned spa businesses in the world.